More Coming Soon
- Proper registration and spelling of participant names is important to the mission of Carmen’s Fund. Our mission is to provide FREE CPR training to everyone and help insure those person’s remain certified throughout their lifetimes. We hope to accomplish this goal by reminding every participant to renew their certification two months prior to expiration. As your certification approaches expiration we will contact you to offer an opportunity for FREE certification renewal via email and/or USPS. To insure you receive notification please provide us with proper contact information. Although we may send you an occasional email or letter to inform you of upcoming events, we promise to NEVER become annoying and we will NEVER sale or share our participant database.
- Because the AHA has entrusted us to teach their curriculum properly and to certify people who can provide proper care to the sick or injured we reserve the right to refuse certification in any of our courses if the participant cannot show proper proficiency of the skills being taught. This is a rare event, but it can happen, so we wanted you to be aware.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- In the event of cancellation due to inclimate weather all registered participants for the day of bad weather will be notified by email listed in the registration process. Decisions for cancellations will be made as soon as practicable. Because inclement weather can change in intensity rapidly and without warning before and during training courses we encourage all participants to make their own decisions about travel and attendance regardless of notice by Carmen’s Fund.
TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- FREE CPR = This course offers instruction for the layman provider in CPR and choking emergencies including use of an AED device and an overview of infant CPR. Successful completion certifies the participant in the American Heart Association’s Heart Saver AED curriculum. A certificate of completion from Carmen’s Fund is given. AHA wallet cards are available at a cost of $5.00 each payable by cash at the event.
- FIRST AID = Successful completion of this course certifies the participant in the American Heart Association basic First Aid course. AHA wallet cards are available at a cost of $5.00 per participant. All proceeds derived from this course benefit Carmen’s Fund and help us to continue providing FREE CPR training to our community.
AHA WALLET CARDS
- The American Heart Association provides wallet cards for successful completion of their training courses. These cards are available at a cost of $5.00 for the first card and $10.00 for each additional card or replacement card per person. We provide this option as a service to our participants. Carmen’s Fund does not benefit from your purchase. These cards and the proceeds derived from their purchase belong to the AHA. As such, we cannot offer wallet cards or their replacement without cost. Please be aware that the spelling used on your wallet card will be taken from the information entered during registration. Please make certain that all names are spelled correctly as refunds are not available and replacement cards are $10.00 each. An AHA wallet card are not printed at our location and may take up to two weeks to acquire.